One of my favorite new toys is the "What I'm watching" widget. It shows all the latest videos from your favorite vloggers and provides great link love to their blogs. It's the sweetest blogroll widget around.
You'll see mine on the right hand sidebar of my video blog at mmeiser.com/blog and on the left hand sidebar of my mefeedia channel. You can create yours by subscribing to you favorite video blogs and podcasts on mefeedia and copying the code from your own mefeedia channel and pasting it into your own blog or web page. Let us know what you think! We're always looking for ideas for making mefeedia better.
I'm really exited about mefeedia's renewed direction and vitality. This is just the start of some great things to come. A special thanks to Frank Sinton the new owner and Devlon who's been helping make Mefeedia great for almost two years now. Great job Frank and Devlon!
Below are the details Frank posted to the mefeedia mailing list. Be sure to join up and tell us what you'd like to see.
We are very happy today - a new version of Mefeedia has been released! :-) Lots of improvements, bug fixes, and a nicer user interface. This was the work of a lot of people, mainly ideas from videobloggers and brainstorming sessions within the Mefeedia team.
Three main areas of focus for this release were:
Reliability / Bug Fixes - this was our#1 focus. Mefeedia has been very strong on creating great tools for videobloggers. We want to make those even better - not by adding more bells and whistles, but instead by making sure the current features work GREAT. Here is a list of some of the fixes (not comprehensive, but a good sampling):
Usability / UI Update - really, making it easier for users to use Mefeedia!
- RSS - tons of fixes to account for special characters and others special cases. Your Queue, Guides, Favs, Tags, and other RSS feeds coming out of Mefeedia are now working very reliably. :)
- When adding a video to a playlist, the playlist uses the thumb from the playlist post.
- Each folder in a Playlist can now be exported via RSS and JSON formats directly from the playlist start/"Home" page.
- "Add to Queue" from a Playlist is working again.
- Adding individual videos to your Queue is woking again! This broke back when the new database schema was implemented. It is fixed now - add any video on Mefeedia.com to your queue now without having to subscribe to the entire feed.
- Your feed page - removed a number of broken links and overall, a bunch of clean-up.
- Home page - "latest/last 24 hours" theme
- Header change
- Navigation change (Guides and Playlists now get prominent placement in the nav).
- Sign-up on home page is now only shown on clicking the "yea baby."
- Full registration validation (with AJAX unique username and email lookup)
- Visibility and Rollover effect (rollover effect only on Firefox for now) when cruising through entries (favs, feeds page, etc.)
- Centering of "Entry" / Watch your video page - just nicer in general.
- Site-wide style sheet changes (non-underlined, nice blue for non-visited links, grey underlined for visited links, among others).
So, check out Mefeedia and let us know what you think! Enjoy. As always, use this forum to post suggestions, ideas, issues, and thoughts. :)
- "What I'm Watching" widget - put your Queue on your website or blog. :) Mine is on this blog in the right sidebar. To use your "What I'm Watching" widget, just login and click on the "My Channel" navigation link, and copy and paste the code from the left column textarea box. Looking for inputs on this… lots of cool widgets are possible with the use of great thumbs, so let us know what you would like to see with this widget and other possible widgets (maybe a "Who's vlogging" widget?).
- "Latest from [feed name here]" widget - see an example here: http://www.mefeedia.com/feed
_promote.php?id=6988- lots of linky love. All thumbs link directly to your vlog post!
- Videos, feeds, and websites count on the home page.
- Latest Tags (24 hours) on Home Page and Tags page