From an article titled Fatal crash blamed on cell phone user and fully dedicated to the ills of using a cell while driving.
In a case that underscores a national effort to restrict handheld cell phone use while driving, Macomb County prosecutors said Tuesday that they have charged Cates, 20, of Hazel Park with negligent homicide in the death of 55-year-old Diela Lucaj. They say Cates was talking on his cell phone when he drifted across the center line in Warren and killed the restaurant cook from Sterling Heights.
Since then, prosecutors said they have learned that Cates had drugs in his system -- cocaine, marijuana and amphetamines -- which will likely up the charge to involuntary manslaughter, punishable by 15 years in prison.
Number of times "cell phone" is mentioned in this article?
Number of times it's mentioned the guy had cocaine, marijuana and amphetamines in his system?
The entire article is dedicated making a case for banning cell phone usage by drivers despite the fact that the guy was likely severly impared by the presence of three different drugs in his system. Great reporting... truth is what you make it.
Way to go Ben Sxhmitt and Amber Hunt of the Detroit Free Press. Excellent journalism.
You know, I agree. If banned cell phone usage while driving all the those people completely wacked out on drugs would certainly stop chatting on the cell phone and pay much more attention to their driving.